How Christmas has changed over the years
When you say Christmas you immediately think of presents, a Xmas tree, decorations, gingerbread, Santa, elves, old fashioned letters filled with wishes, and why not… a reindeer sleigh.
Still, if we were to look at how Christmas is spent in nowadays or how Santa manages to fulfill his difficult mission, we will see some changes. No doubt Christmas and its traditions changed over the history! But what exactly changed and what has stayed the same?
Old Santa versus New Santa
- Santa doesn’t have to carry that huge bag of letters… he gets all his emails online.
- Santa’s elves are much more relaxed since they don’t have to manufacture toys. They can order them online.
- Communication has never been easier: elves can easily manage the Nice or Naughty list in a spreadsheet.
- Letters from kids are a lot different now than in the past.
- Spying is no longer Santa’s thing, he can double check the Nice or Naughty list with his Virtual Reality glasses.
What we should never change when it comes to Christmas
Many things changed… but we hope a few have stayed the same. Christmas should be a time spent with family, friends, and loved ones when warm thoughts fill our hearts with kindness and hope.
Furthermore, besides the presents tradition, the holiday should celebrate love, goodness, and why not… peace and forgiveness.
Hope you all have the Christmas you desire and we wish you all Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!