Did you know you can merge calls at Tello?
Ever been in knee deep into a hot topic with a friend on the phone and then realised that you have to tell the story all over again to another friend that is dying to know what happened? Yes, it happens to the best of us.
One way to make things easier is to merge the calls! 3-Way Calling is a feature that allows you to talk with 2 people simultaneously with your mobile phone and it’s available at Tello!
Three way calling allows an end user to add a third party to an established two-party conversation so that all three parties may communicate with one another simultaneously. Check out the details below!
📲 How does 3 way calling work on Tello?
Let’s say you, our Tello happy customer, are on the phone with Megan (insert real friend name here) and decide to add Susan on the phone for the three of you to chat. In order for that to work on Tello, you (aka the client) have to add Susan to the call.
Keep in mind that you must be on the network and have good signal when you decide to merge the calls. Also, by adding a third party to an already established call, you’re the one in control when it comes to the duration of the phone. If you feel the need to end the conversation, the call will be terminated, with no extra notice for the other two.
👓 How do I start a 3-way call?
Steps to start a 3-way call may vary by device. In order to start a 3-way call you can either call the first person yourself, or even answer a regular call, if someone is ringing you.
- Start by making a phone call and wait for your friend to answer.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Add Call.
- Enter the number or find the contact that you want to add to the call, then call them.
–> Note: When the second person answers, the original call will be put on hold.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- You can merge the calls into a 3-way call or swap between 2 calls:
- Tap Merge to begin your 3-way call. When you merge the 2 calls successfully into a 3-way call, your screen will show 2 blue heads together on 1 screen.
- Tap Swap to switch between the 2 calls.
- To end the call for both callers, hang up or open the Menu and tap End Call.
- Start by making a normal phone call and wait for the other person to answer.
- Tap add call, then call the second person.
–> Note: The original call will be put on hold.
- Once the second person answers, tap Merge Calls. Your 3-way call has started.
- To speak privately or hang up with 1 caller:
- Speak privately: Tap the Conference icon, then tap Private next to the caller.
- Hang up with 1 caller: Tap the Conference icon then select the red phone icon next to the call you want to drop.
- Tap End Call.
- Hang up to end the call.