Still on CDMA? This is the last chance to migrate to GSM. For real.
If you’re still on a CDMA line on Tello, this article is for you 👀. We’ll need your full attention and you’re required to act fast if you want to keep enjoying our super affordable plans and avoid losing your number. Ok, so let’s dive in!
What’s happening? Fill me in. 👇
It’s time. The CDMA network your line is currently on will be soon discontinued for all mobile providers, nationwide. This happens because we want to ensure everybody gets the best connectivity and experience. Hence the outdated CDMA technologies have to go. In case you’ve missed it, please read more about this here, since we’ve covered all the details and reasoning behind it in the past.
When? How? ⏰
First things, first: don’t panic. You’re here, you have all the info and our support to make the change. Plus, you have a breakdown with the actual timeline on what’s going down:
↪ Starting March 1st, all active Tello plans that are still on CDMA will no longer renew automatically.
- What does this mean? When your plan stops renewing, you will NOT get a new balance of minutes/data, so there will be no service on your line. You can manually renew your plan from your online account, but your service and balances will only be available until March 31, 2022, meaning that you may not get a full billing cycle to use the purchased services. After this date, the CDMA network your line is currently using will be disconnected.
- What to do? Mhm, we think we’ve mentioned this before, but if you still want to keep your Tello service and phone number active, the idea is to … MIGRATE to GSM. Preferably before March 1st to avoid last-minute thrills.
- What will this move cost me? NADA. Seriously, only good things are ahead in your wireless future at Tello. We’re even throwing in the free SIM you need to migrate.
- How to migrate to GSM? Just follow the steps presented in your Tello Account. It’s all there.
↪ After March 25th, SIM or phone orders (anything shippable) for CDMA lines will become unavailable.
- Why’s that? This is done to avoid receiving the SIM or phone you have ordered after the CDMA network sunset on March 31st, as shipping may take a few days.
- What to do: get your hands on a Free Tello GSM SIM, you won’t be able to migrate without it. Order one today!
↪ March 31st, 2022: if you don’t migrate to GSM until this date, you’ll lose your phone number, along with all your Tello balance (plan or PAYGO credit), and your earned Tello Dollars.
- Yes, this is serious: *your phone number* will be lost and not retrievable. Read that again, please.
- Remember, it’s totally avoidable if you follow the instructions in your Tello account or our emails and migrate before March 31.
- Order a FREE Tello GSM SIM and activate it when it arrives and you’re safe.
- It’s last-minute, yes, but should you decide that Tello is still a good fit for you and your budget, we got your back and are here to help with your fabulously easy transition to GSM.
Switching to Tello GSM is a no-miss move if you want to keep the wireless savings going! It’s now or never, folks! ⏱️ ⏱️ ⏱️
Why should you migrate to Tello GSM? Easy? Check. Keeping the same juicy Tello benefits? Also check. Here are more reasons to migrate asap:
✔️ To keep your phone number active
✔️ To keep enjoying the same Tello service you love at prices you can handle
✔️ To benefit from our no contract, no fees, and no advanced payment policy
✔️ To have the same plan options and billing date as you do now and keep the wireless savings going
✔️ To get all the new things Tello GSM comes with, like faster speeds & improved coverage