Still on CDMA? This is the last chance to migrate to GSM. For real.
If you’re still on a CDMA line on Tello, this article is for you 👀. We’ll need your full attention and you’re required to act fast if you want to keep enjoying our super affordable plans and avoid losing your number. Ok, so let’s dive in!
What’s happening? Fill me in. 👇
It’s time. The CDMA network your line is currently on will be soon discontinued for all mobile providers, nationwide. This happens because we want to ensure everybody gets the best connectivity and experience. Hence the outdated CDMA technologies have to go. In case you’ve missed it, please read more about this here, since we’ve covered all the details and reasoning behind it in the past.
When? How? ⏰
First things, first: don’t panic. You’re here, you have all the info and our support to make the change. Plus, you have a breakdown with the actual timeline on what’s going down:
↪ Starting March 1st, all active Tello plans that are still on CDMA will no longer renew automatically.
- What does this mean? When your plan stops renewing, you will NOT get a new balance of minutes/data, so there will be no service on your line. You can manually renew your plan from your online account, but your service and balances will only be available until March 31, 2022, meaning that you may not get a full billing cycle to use the purchased services. After this date, the CDMA network your line is currently using will be disconnected.
- What to do? Mhm, we think we’ve mentioned this before, but if you still want to keep your Tello service and phone number active, the idea is to … MIGRATE to GSM. Preferably before March 1st to avoid last-minute thrills.
- What will this move cost me? NADA. Seriously, only good things are ahead in your wireless future at Tello. We’re even throwing in the free SIM you need to migrate.
- How to migrate to GSM? Just follow the steps presented in your Tello Account. It’s all there.
↪ After March 25th, SIM or phone orders (anything shippable) for CDMA lines will become unavailable.
- Why’s that? This is done to avoid receiving the SIM or phone you have ordered after the CDMA network sunset on March 31st, as shipping may take a few days.
- What to do: get your hands on a Free Tello GSM SIM, you won’t be able to migrate without it. Order one today!
↪ March 31st, 2022: if you don’t migrate to GSM until this date, you’ll lose your phone number, along with all your Tello balance (plan or PAYGO credit), and your earned Tello Dollars.
- Yes, this is serious: *your phone number* will be lost and not retrievable. Read that again, please.
- Remember, it’s totally avoidable if you follow the instructions in your Tello account or our emails and migrate before March 31.
- Order a FREE Tello GSM SIM and activate it when it arrives and you’re safe.
- It’s last-minute, yes, but should you decide that Tello is still a good fit for you and your budget, we got your back and are here to help with your fabulously easy transition to GSM.
Switching to Tello GSM is a no-miss move if you want to keep the wireless savings going! It’s now or never, folks! ⏱️ ⏱️ ⏱️
Why should you migrate to Tello GSM? Easy? Check. Keeping the same juicy Tello benefits? Also check. Here are more reasons to migrate asap:
✔️ To keep your phone number active
✔️ To keep enjoying the same Tello service you love at prices you can handle
✔️ To benefit from our no contract, no fees, and no advanced payment policy
✔️ To have the same plan options and billing date as you do now and keep the wireless savings going
✔️ To get all the new things Tello GSM comes with, like faster speeds & improved coverage
If it will not work anynore,why you did not sent a new card yet?I was change to hello provider but I have a problem with the payment.
Marlus, please contact our customer support and tell them about the issue, thanks!
i hope i have successfully completed the change over.
My understanding is this is just a 3G shutdown on March 31st, with LTE services continuing on the old network until June 30th. Why are you disconnecting our phone lines if VoLTE can still work on the old SIM for another 3 months?
Tamara, thanks for reaching out.
Here’s the thing: carriers are shutting down their 3G networks, which rely on older technology, to make room for more advanced network services, including 5G. There’s no point in postponing the inevitable.
We’ve laid out all the dates and what’s going to happen to all remaining CDMA lines at Tello and we’ll handling this with care, urging people that don’t want to loose their service and number to order a FREE SIM and migrate to GSM.
We don’t want to leave anyone without service, hence the planned out timeline that is in everyone’s benefit. Thanks for understanding and hope to see you on the other (GSM) side!
Hah hah hah, good one!!😂
Despite my dedicated time and effort, it appears that I’ve still not been successful to migrate to the new GSM service. I’m hoping application of the new SIM card currently in my Iphone i do not miss my calls, texts and emails.
I honestly do not know what else to do to comply with this deadline.
Hi Pamela, don’t lose hope. Please contact our customer support: https://tello.com/contact and tell them about the issue, thanks!
Still waiting for my sim card. It won’t let me order one online.
HI Angel, do you still need help? Did you get the SIM? We are here to assist you ;)
I have worked with Jitterbug phones and 0ther phone service providers but none have equaled what Tello has to offer: great price for service and the help received. Migrating over to Tello was the easiest I have ever experienced. What a jewel this company is! The details needed are clearly shown on the Tello site and if you don’t understand the help is available by phone! Thank You “Tello”! Great customer service!
Good to know, Luisa💪🏾
I need to know what Tello GSM sim to buy.
Please let me know right away.
You can get our Tello GSM SIM kit from Amazon, it offers multiple SIM sizes. Please let us know if you still need help with this. Thanks a lot for asking!
I ordered a GSM sim on March 16th and am still waiting. I guess I will lose my number at this point…
Chance, we’re so sorry, we couldn’t find your order, there is no order placed with your email account and unfortunately, your number has expired.
You can always get a new one from us, please contact our Customer Support for further help with this, thank you!
I received a SIM for a new account. I activated it and thought all was well until suddenly I was unable to connect to the Tello website! I tried for hours. Totally unacceptable. I’m going to jump ship before ever making a call.
Thanks for your patience!
I’m not sure what was the exact issue you’ve encountered with our site – since everything is up and running as usual – but, whatever the case, know you can always get a person on the phone and they’ll gladly help you – https://tello.com/contact.
All the best!
I want my Sprint PCS! Not really, Time division, code division multiple access has withered away and some variation of GSM. I didn’t know where to park this observation, but with the rev from 11 to Android 12 on my A71 showed me a quirk. In my struggle to get the A71 working as a mobile hot spot, I found I have an older modem as a client, 2.4Ghz, couldn’t see 5Ghz. But bridging that, the client would show as being connected but all open tabs in my browser was saying “no internet.” I rummaged through access points and after trying all permutations, found that if I select T-Mobile, I get my data back. But my discovery is that AFTER a restart, you have to reregister this Android 12. The same access point T-Mobile US LTE being used by my Note 9. Restart? – Reregister!
Thank you for your feedback, we’ll forward it to the relevant department.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach our Customer Support anytime.
All the best,